Guiyuan Buddhist Temple is located in Cuiwei Road, Hanyang District, wuhan.com target=_blank >Wuhan. It was founded in the 15th year of Qing Shunzhi. It is a famous Buddhist Cao Dongzong monastery in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. The four major Buddhist forests in Wuhan (including Baotong Temple and Xi The first of the Lotus Temple and Zhengjue Temple.
The location of the Hubei Buddhist Association and the Wuhan Buddhist Association, Hubei Province cultural relics protection unit and one of the famous tourist attractions. The first batch of key temples for religious activities announced by the State Council of China is a national AAAA-level attraction.
The name of the temple takes the meaning of "the return of the Yuan Dynasty is different, and it is convenient to have more than one door". Guiyuan Temple covers an area of 4.67 hectares and has more than 200 temples. The building is perfect, the sculpture is wonderful, and the collection is rich and the Buddha is shocked.
There are many Buddhist relics in Guiyuan Temple. In addition to the Tibetan Buddhism, there are also Buddha statues, French objects, stone carvings, calligraphy and painting inscriptions and foreign language classics. It is one of the most Buddhist temples in China. The new pavilion built in 1922 is a large part of Guiyuan Temple. Treasures; the Buddha’s statue of Sakyamuni is enshrined in the Tibetan Buddhist Scriptures.
Guiyuansi Temple covers an area of 4.67 hectares and has more than 200 temples. The new pavilion built in 1922 is a treasure trove of Guiyuan Temple. In addition to the Tibetan Buddhism, there are also Buddha statues, French objects, stone carvings, woodcuts, calligraphy and paintings, and gifts from foreign friends.
There are two amazing treasures: one is the word "Buddha" consisting of 5,424 words on the paper with a length of 6 inches, and the words "Diamond Sutra" and "Heart Sutra" are written. The second is the blood book. Hua Yan Jing and "Fa Hua Jing". The layout of the building is divided into three groups: the Intermediate Court, the South Campus and the North Campus. The middle court has a release pool. On both sides of the pool is the Bell and Drum Tower, in the middle of the Wei Wei Temple, and then into the Daxiong Hall. Its north and south hatchbacks are guest halls and ancestral halls, followed by meditation halls. The South Hall Luohantang is dedicated to 500 pieces of Luohan statues made by the demolition process. The shapes are different and lifelike. It is the top quality in traditional Chinese statue art. The North Court has buildings such as Zangjing Pavilion, Da Shi Ge and Cui Weijing. The first floor of the Zangjing Pavilion is a showroom with other Buddhist statues of the Northern Wei Dynasty, the Guanyin of the Tang Dynasty and other sculptures of the dynasties, as well as various precious instruments, calligraphy and paintings. The second floor contains more than 7,000 volumes of Buddhist classics, including India, Myanmar, and Thailand. The scriptures and Bayeux scriptures engraved in Sri Lanka and other countries. It is the first batch of key temples for religious activities announced by the State Council. The current abbot is a Master of Long Yin.
Since the establishment of Guiyuan Temple, the war has been repeated and has been defeated. The existing buildings were built in the third year of Tongzhi (1864), the twenty-first year of Guangxu (1895) and the early years of the Republic of China. Since the founding of the People's Republic of China, the government has implemented the policy of freedom of religious belief, protected cultural relics, and constantly maintained and repaired Guiyuan Temple, making the face of Guiyuan Temple a new one. In the "Cultural Revolution", under the care and protection of Zhou Enlai, the temple was not destroyed, and religious facilities and precious cultural relics were preserved intact. From 1973 to now, Guiyuan Temple has undergone extensive maintenance, and the buildings of Daxiong Hall, Zangjing Pavilion, Wubai Luohan Hall, Da Shie, Zhong Gu Lou and Cui Wei Pavilion have been renovated. In 1983, it was listed by the State Council as a key Buddhist temple in the Han area. Guiyuan Temple covers an area of over 17,500 square meters and a building area of over 10,000 square meters. There are 10 people in the family, and the abbot is the Master of the Inscription. The ancient trees in the temple are towering, the flowers and trees are lush, the springs are clear and green, and the winding path is quiet. It is called "Hanxi Yijing". It is also home to the Hubei Buddhist Association and the Wuhan Buddhist Association.
Guiyuan Temple is famous for its perfect construction, exquisite sculpture, and rich collections. The Hong Kong and Macao compatriots, overseas Chinese and many foreign tourists include political figures such as King Sihanouk of Cambodia, US Secretary of State Kissinger, former Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Kuan Yew, and Japanese Prime Minister Nakasone. Kang Hong and others have come here to watch and give gifts to the temple.
8:00 - 17:00
Usually 10 yuan; May 1 (1-7), 11 (1-7), Spring Festival (first day of the first month - the seventh day) 20 yuan; the twelfth lunar month (New Year's Eve), the first day of the first month, the first month of the first month of the 15th 40 yuan.
Take the 401 road to Guiyuan Temple Station, or take a 20-minute walk to Zhongjia Village.